Dynatek Coils : These high tech, top quality coils are designed for maximum performance. They produce spark voltages in excess of 30,000 volts and spark energies second to none. DYNA Coils are made to replace stock coils. Choose from three configurations and five variations of resistance for different applications. DYNA Coils work with point ignitions, aftermarket electronic ignitions and factory electronic ignitions. Before selecting a coil, check the coil primary resistance requirements as specified by the manufacturer of the ignition being used.
DYNA 4000 Pro Ignition :
- Must use DC9-1 or DC9-2. The DYNA 4000 ignition system is designed for racing only and is matched to the characteristics of the DC9-1 coil for optimum energy production.
- Recommended - DC7-1, DC8-1, DC10-1, DC3-1, DC6-1. Use coil with 5.0 ohms primary resistance for street use, 3.0 ohms primary resistance for racing applications.
Single Plug Head:
- Single Fire - Use two single output coils, street or strip.
- Dual Fire - Use one dual output coil, street or strip.
Dual Plug Head:
- Single Fire - Use two dual output coils, street only.
- Dual Fire - Use two dual output coils, street or strip.
Dual Plug Head, single fire racing applications:
- Use two DC2-1, 1.5 ohm coils, connected in series for each cylinder. Since these coils are dual tower, one tower of each coil must be shorted to chassis ground.
DYNA S (non-Harley):
- Recommended - DC1-1. Use coil with 3.0 ohms primary resistance.
Dynatek Twin Fire Ignition Coils will enhance the benefits of, and is the perfect compliment to the DD2000-HD1EP* Digital Ignition System. The DC6-4 coil has all the features users have come to expect from a Dyna coil; high voltage (greater than 30,000 volts) with fast rise times, and high energy. The Dyna Twin Fire coil is the new standard for performance and packaging efficiency for single fire ignition installations on Harley- Davidson® Motorcycles. The Twin Fire coil incorporates two individual performance ignition coils into one easy to mount package. This solves the problem of trying to mount two ignition coils on Harleys when installing single fire ignition systems. The DC6-5 Twin Fire Mini coil is only slightly larger than the stock Harley coil and uses the stock mounting bracket. The DC6-5 Twin Fire Mini coil will fit under the tank on most XL and FLH models as well as in the stock location on the side of the motor for FXR models or rear of the motor for Dyna and Softail models. The DC6-4 is used for all dual spark plug head applications. The Dyna Twin Fire coil can be used with any electronic ignition system that incorporates dwell control, but cannot be used with the DS6-2, Dyna S or similar ignitions.
Dynatek Miniature Series Coils
Advanced magnetic core technology delivers high output in one of the smallest packages available. Great for customs where coils need to be hidden. These coils are designed for use with the Dyna 2000 and 3000 series ignitions, factory installed electronics, or other after-market ignitions that employ dwell control.
Twin Fire & Mini Coil FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- No exposed laminations to rust and degrade performance.
- High voltage and primary terminals machined from brass.
- Ultrasonically welded and sealed against moisture.
- Compact size fits easily under stock covers.
- Peak gap current in excess of 50mA.
- High impact thermoplastic housing.
- Accepts 7 to 8.8mm wires.
- Over 40,000 volts per output.
- 1 year warranty.